Add this super easy and quick meditation to your recovery day..
Position: Either laying on back or seated
Time: 5 mins
1. Take a slow deep breath for 5 counts, send that breath right down into the base of the body, like a vase filling up with water.
2. Hold for 5 counts
3. Slowly release all of the air over 5 counts.
4. Hold with no breath in the body for 5 counts.
Repeat this at least 5 times, but ideally for 5 minutes straight or until calm returns.
- It can lower blood pressure and
- creates an almost immediate sense of calm
- The slow holding of breath allows CO2 to build up in the blood. An increased blood CO2enhances the cardio-inhibitory response of the vagus nerve when you exhale and stimulates your parasympathetic system.